Wouldn’t it be nice to find a lantern and flashlight wheelchair accessory that makes night cruising a bit brighter or that takes the scare out of those scary dark places that wheelers tend to find themselves in? Perhaps it might also provide some light on a project without needing a third hand to hold it.
Not all things that work on wheelchairs are made for wheelchairs. The BlackFire Clamplight looks like it is one of those. It was originally designed to be clamped onto tent poles, backpack frames, branches and other locations that camping enthusiasts may run across while out adventuring. However, it does appear that this new gadget may be perfectly suited for clamping onto almost any available wheelchair frame space such as the armrest frame, back posts, or lower/upper frame of a wheelchair.
The Blackfire Clamplight clamps to objects from tree branches, to tents, to boats, to backpacks. Locks open to stand when there is nothing to clamp to. Lantern uses CREE LED’s and has high, low, strobe and flashlight modes. The Clamplight runs on 3 “AAA” batteries and has a battery power indicator that shows battery levels. The head pivots to aim the light with click locks to keep the head in place. As an added feature, the clamp converts to a stand light.
Remember, this gadget was not developed for use on wheelchairs but its flexible design may make it a perfect wheelchair accessory. The price at present is $44.99. It may appear pricey for a flashlight but it is extremely reasonable when viewed as a wheelchair accessory. You can find more information on this wannabe flashlight wheelchair accessory at: http://www.blackfire-usa.com/proddetail.php?prod=005
Some Blackfire Clamplight Specs:
- Uses a 2CREE® brilliant white LED’s. The LED’s from US maker CREE® are found in the finest lights in the world. Uses 2 separate LED’s for better optics and ultimate performance.
- Bulb life is virtually forever at 100,000 hours.
- Hi/Low/Strobe mode for Lantern plus Flashlight mode. Low/Hi lantern power allows just the amount of light you need. Strobe mode for added visibility.
- Lantern – Up to 230 lumens of light in high mode, 95 lumens in low mode. Flashlight – Up to 100 lumens of light. Low/Hi flashlight power allows just the amount of light you need.
- Uses 3x AA Batteries.
- High to low battery power indicator lights show battery levels.
- Head pivots to deliver brilliant white light where you need it.
- Clamps virtually anywhere and stays out of the way versus stand lights like “tripod mounted” or “snake like lights”.
- Clamp converts to a stand light by pressing clamp and sliding lock feature. Non -skid feet swivel down for stability.
- Positioning “clicks” to assist aligning light.
- Engineered with High Performance Plastics to be lightweight yet tough.
- Stainless steel springs and pins for added durability.
- Rubberized coated for extra grip and durability.
- Extremely tough polycarbonate lens resists cracking or scratching.
- Convenient swivel up handle.
- Meets IPX4 international weatherproof standard.
- Camping, Boating, Fishing, Working, Entertaining, Safety and so much more.